Ricky Gervais made his return to the Golden Globes stage on Sunday after giving up hosting duties to Tina Fey and Amy Poehler for the last three years. The comedian touched on everything from Bruce Jenner to the gender wage gap. His jokes were met with mixed reaction from the crowd but he made it clear that he didn’t care if they found him funny or not.
Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill (Jonah dressed as the bear from The Revenant) hit the stage to give out the first award to Kate Winslet for Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture for her work in Steve Jobs.
This year’s Cecil B. Demille award was given to Denzel Washington. This marked his third Golden Globe. He previously won in 2000 for The Hurricane and in 1990 for Glory.
- Rachel Bloom beat out big names like Lily Tomlin, Jamie Lee Curtis, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, and reigning champion Gina Rodriguez to win Best Performance by an Actress in a TV Series — Musical or Comedy.
- Christian Slater was recognized for his role on USA’s Mr. Robot.
- Sylvester Stallone thanked his imaginary friend Rocky Balboa for being the best friend he’s ever had.
- Aziz Ansari was shown reading a book “How To Lose To Jeffrey Tambor with Dignity” even though they both lost to Gael Garcia Bernal for Best Actor in a TV Series, Musical or Comedy.
- Lady Gaga got emotional while accepting her award for Best Actress in a Mini-series or TV Movie as the internet went wild for Leonardo DiCaprio’s laughing reaction to her win.
- Taraji P. Henson refused to be told to wrap it up and said “I’ve waited 20 years for this…you can wait!”
Get the list of winners HERE.