It was a slow weekend at the box office this weekend, perhaps the storm on the east coast is to blame. According to Deadline, it is estimated that the weather lowered ticket sales between eight and 10 percent.
What movie did what?
THIS WEEKEND’S TOP TEN MOVIES — January 22 – January 24
1. The Revenant, $16M to $18M
2. Star Wars: The Force Awakens, $14.2M to $14.5M
3. Ride Along 2, $12.8M to $13M
4. Dirty Grandpa, $11M to $11.5M
5. The Boy, $10.6M to $10.9M
6. The 5th Wave, $10.1M to $10.4M
7. 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi, $9M to $9.5M
8. Daddy’s Home, $4.8M to $5.2M
9. Norm of the North, $3.8M to $4M
10. The Big Short, $3.35M