The Jungle Book brought in $103.6 million domestically and $240 million worldwide, demolishing expectations and earning the second-highest April opening in box office history, second only to 2015’s Furious 7.
A $100 million-plus opening is a rarity for a movie rated PG, and The Jungle Book is only the second PG-rated Disney movie to pull it off.
Globally, The Jungle Book brought in $240 million, $31 million of which was sepnt on IMAX theaters.
THIS WEEKEND’S TOP TEN MOVIES
- The Jungle Book, $103.58 million
- The Barbershop: The Next Cut, $20.21 million
- The Boss, $10.17 million
- Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice, $9.01 million
- Zootopia, $8.24 million
- Criminal, $5.85 million
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2, $3.26 million
- Miracles From Heaven, $1.9 million
- God’s Not Dead 2, $1.712 million
- Eye in the Sky, $1.56 million