The city is giving us more details about Tragically Hip Day, August 20th on Kingston.
The live stream will start at 8:30pm, but get there early!
- All Kingston Transit routes will be free. Additional 15-minute express service will be offered on all express routes from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. and from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. A route map and schedule for the additional 15-minute express service will be available here in the coming days.
- All other Kingston Transit routes will operate on a regular Saturday schedule. Information about other Kingston Transit routes can be found here www.kingstontransit.ca.
- Plan your bus trip with Google Transit: www.kingstontransit.ca/tripplanner
How to plan for the event
Expect large crowds throughout downtown on August 20. Here are a few tips to make your experience a pleasant one.
- Be patient and plan for long line-ups.
- Plan for the weather. Bring rain gear or sunhats and sunscreen.
- Plan for busy or fully booked restaurants by packing food and water. The Utilities Kingston water buggy will be onsite for water refills.
- As a safety measure, bags will be searched.
- No alcohol, folding chairs or camping allowed.
- Pushing a stroller in large crowd will be very difficult.
- Parking is very limited and many streets will be closed.
- Busses running at capacity may have trouble meeting demand for service. Please be patient.
- There will be port-a-pottys.
- Help to keep the city clean. Please bring your garbage and recycling back home. (Pack in/Pack out.)
Check out the full website here: