Remembrance Day is tomorrow and there are a number of ceremonies happening throughout Kingston and the surrounding area.
Here are just a few of the ceremonies that are taking place:
- City of Kingston Remembrance Day Civic Ceremony – The ceremony will take place at the Cross of Sacrifice Cenotaph on King St. at the foot of George St. Wreaths will be laid at the Cross of Sacrifice ahead of the ceremony by community groups, starting at 9:15 am and by veteran and military groups starting at 10:15 am The public is welcome to watch the laying of the wreaths ahead of the civic ceremony at 10:45 am
- Just a traffic note: King Street will be closed from Barrie to Lower University from 8:15a to 12p, Bagot Street will be closed from West to Barrie from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. and Ontario Street will be closed from West to Gore from 11a-1p.
- RCHA Remembrance Day Service starts at 10:45 am in the southeast corner of City Park, at the intersection of King and Barrie streets opposite to the Murney Tower.
- Princess of Wales Own Regiment’s Service: Following the Civic Service, Regiment marches to the PWOR Monument in City Park.
- HMCS Cataraqui/Naval Service: At 12pm, the regiment will march to the Naval monument in Navy Memorial Park.
What’s open? What’s closed?
Please keep in mind that Remembrance Day is a day off for many of Kingston’s government workers.
- There will be no garbage, recycling/green bin collection tomorrow
- Kingston Transit will run on a regular weekday schedule
- Artillery Park Aquatic Centre, INVISTA CENTRE and INVISTA Fitness & Wellness, Areas, Libraries, are: Open.