AL – Monopoly is one of those games that you love to play even though it causes at least on argument with friends and family while playing.
Well good news for those who play Monopoly (Monopoliers?) . There will be a hotline you can call to mediate the eventual arguments that will erupt while playing the game over the holidays. The only downside is that it’s only available in the UK, which I think is fine for us here in Canada. We can always come to a peaceful agreement on anything, including Monopoly right? Maybe? Who am I kidding, the first argument will break about who gets to be the car.
and just so you are prepared for the cheaters you will play here are the top ten ways people cheat in Monopoly.
- Staying silent when landing on someone else’s property (guilty)
- Stealing money from the bank (Really guilty)
- Moving a token the incorrect number of spaces (Yep)
- Making up convenient rules (Totally)
- Stealing houses or hotels and slipping them onto the board (Always)
- Changing a dice roll (Very guilty)
- Pretending to get a good Chance/Community Chest card (Never thought of this one)
- Stacking the Chance/Community Chest decks (That’s just a give in)
- Offering real-life incentives to opponents for in-game help (I thought that was part of the game)
- Stealing properties from the bank (What can I say? I’m an outlaw)
So I guess it’s safe to say I’m probably the reason there is a hotline…Merry Christmas?