Johnny Depp has needs…..and it’s quite the list.
As of late, the actor has had a bunch of bad press. Like what? His divorce for starters, plus he recently filed a $28 million lawsuit against his former managers claiming that they collected $25 million he never agreed to pay, failed to take care of his tax bill and generally mismanaged his fortune for 17 years.
Well, The Management Group claims, countersuing the star and alleging in court papers that he “lived an ultra-extravagant lifestyle that often knowingly cost Depp in excess of $2 million per month to maintain, which he simply could not afford.”
Among the alleged excesses:
- $75 million to “acquire, improve and furnish 14 residences, including a 45-acre chateau in the South of France, a chain of islands in the Bahamas, multiple houses in Hollywood, several penthouse lofts in downtown Los Angeles, and a fully-functioning house farm in Kentucky.”
$18 million to “acquire and renovate a 150 foot luxury yacht.”
- Many millions “acquiring and/or maintaining at least 45 luxury vehicles.”
- $30,000 per month on wine “he had flown to him from around the world for his personal consumption.”
- More than $3 million “to blast from a specially-made cannon the ashes of author Hunter Thompson over Aspen, Colorado.“
- Many millions “to acquire and maintain a massive and extremely expensive art collection including over 200 collectible pieces and works by world famous artists such as Warhol, Klimt, Basquiat, and Modigliani; many pieces of expensive world class jewelry; and approximately 70 collectible guitars.”
- $150,000/month on full-time security for his children.
- $300,000/month on a staff of approximately 40 full-time employees.
- $10 million in financial support to his friends, family, and certain employees.
- $4 million on a start-up musical label run by a childhood friend.