It seems that this year’s Grammys will be one to remember, well….hopefully!
Here is what you can expect this year:
- When: This year, the Grammys are happening on Sunday, February 12th, at 8 p.m.
- Your host will be? James Corden! And it will be his first time hosting. He replaces L.L. Cool J who has hosted for the last 5 years.
- Performing: Bruno Mars, Adele, John Legend, Katy Perry, and Metallica. The Weeknd is teaming up with Daft Punk. Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban are also on tap as are nominees for Best New Artist: Maren Morris, who will perform with 15-time Grammy winner Alicia Keys and Anderson .Paak, who will be joined by A Tribe Called Quest and Dave Grohl. The performance everyone will be eagerly anticipating is mom-to-be Beyonce, who recently revealed that she is pregnant with twins. She will reportedly take it easy during the performance though Queen Bey’s version of taking it easy still may exceed normal human limits of endurance.
- Who might not be there? Justin Bieber, Drake and Kanye West are reportedly opting out of the ceremony this year despite several nominations each. Bieber is reportedly skipping as a form of protest, West is also absenting himself to protest the fact that Frank Ocean didn’t get nominated and Drake is on tour.
- Nominations: Queen Bey reigns supreme with nine nominations. Adele is up for five (they will face off for Album of the Year, Song of the Year and Record of the Year). Drake and Rihanna earned eight nominations, Chance the Rapper garnered seven, David Bowie received five, Justin nabbed four and Kanye earned six.