Steve Harvey might not be as chilled as we think! The memo was allegedly sent to Steve Harvey daytime show staffers and was subsequently leaked to Robert Feder’s Chicago media blog.
Each rule seems to be crafted with keeping his staff as far away from him as possible in mind.
Among the rules:
- “There will be no meetings in my dressing room. No stopping by or popping in. NO ONE.
- “Do not come to my dressing room unless invited.
- “Do not open my dressing room door. IF YOU OPEN MY DOOR, EXPECT TO BE REMOVED.
- “Do not wait in any hallway to speak to me. I hate being ambushed. Please make an appointment.”
- Finally, he assures staffers that they should not be alarmed by the new way of doing things. “It is for the good of my personal life and enjoyment.
Sources told Variety that the memo was sent before the start of the fifth season of the Steve Harvey show and that the leak coincided with the last day of filming. The series wrapping and Harvey is moving to L.A. where he will host a new series starting in September.
Harvey told ET the decision to write the memo was meant to ask “everyone to simply honor and respect” his privacy.