If you’ve ever had trouble sleeping beside someone, you’re probably doing it all wrong.
Here is a time table of how to get a great sleep with your partner, especially if it’s new!
- Last call for coffee! Caffeine is the enemy of sleep.
2 Hours before Bedtime
- Hang out in a chill place besides your bedroom. (The only two things people should do in bed is have sex and sleep.)
- Turn down the TV and music volume.
- Switch from overhead lights to lamplight.
- Reduce the brightness on your iPhone, iPad, TV, or computer screen.
- Take your last bites of any spicy or sugary foods.
1 Hour before Bedtime
- Power down your devices.
- Stop answering work emails.
- Lower the thermostat.
- Put down the wine glass.
- Taper off liquids.
- Read, listen to music, or talk.
30 Minutes before Bedtime
- Have sex (People sleep better after sex.)
When You Actually Feel Sleepy
- Turn on a fan in your bedroom.
- Get into bed.
- Remove your heaviest blanket.
- Lie in your favorite position.
Now if you do this much stuff, then you will fall right asleep due to exhaustion!