AL – Since 2011 there have been nine reports of injuries from wire-bristle BBQ brushes. Basically one of the wires ends up in the food being prepared on the BBQ and then ends up in a throat or mouth, which can’t be comfortable at all. You can read some of the stories here.
With people being sent to the hospital because of this Health Canada is currently doing a probe to find out if it’s a certain type of wire-brush or if all of them are the problem. We should have a report from them late August which isn’t the best timing as late August is the tail-end of BBQ season but at least they are looking into it now.